Overview of Classes
Four types of classes cater to practitioners of all levels. Each is uniquely designed for you to grow in your practice and focuses on varied health benefits. Here is a quick summary.
• Focus: Build a strong practice foundation. Integrate breathing to movement with emphasis on correct breathing and engagement techniques
• Consistent Attendance: Attain a leaner body while you rejuvenate, expel toxin, build stamina and improve blood circulation
• Focus: Build strength and flexibility. Two 10-15 min segments are dedicated to techniques and alignments so that you can grow and develop your practice
• Consistent Attendance: Have healthy joints and organs as well as stronger cardiovascular and immune system
• Focus: Learn the preset sequence of the Ashtanga system designed by founder Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Mysore, India for both physical and spiritual benefits.
• Consistent Attendance: Promotes an increase awareness of body, mind and soul while reaping the benefits of a holistic practice that incorporates the building cardiovascular, flexibility and muscle strengths.
Check out our class Schedule. To know more about our classes, a more detailed description is appended below.
Detailed Class Descriptions
CLASS : YOGA FUNDAMENTAL FLEXIBILITY
Who Should Attend: Beginners interested to learn the fundamentals of Yoga, and experienced practitioners keen to de-stress and rejuvenate.
Practice your fundamentals with Surya Namaskara (Sun Salutation) and Vinyasa, which are sequential poses in movement. Develop good breath control, and discover the importance of grounding and basics to gain strength and flexibility. Feel the difference as you practice one breath with one movement while maintaining focus on correct engagement and alignment for every pose. Without the integration of breath to movement, Yoga loses its essence and enormous benefits. Get ready for a good sweat and have fun with different challenge or variations weekly. This class is great for newbies yet important for experienced practitioners to perfect their foundation. Surya Namaskara or Vinyasa is very telling of where you stand in your fundamentals.
CLASS : HATHA YOGA
Who Should Attend: Beginners and for experienced practitioners who would like to build body strength and flexibility.
Yoga brings balance to mind and body and it starts with awareness. This class focuses on postures and alignments so that every pose helps reconnect awareness to your body. Tllwo 10-minute segments dedicated to yoga fundamentals, alignments and techniques to hone your practice and performance of every pose in a conscious, safe and correct manner. These segments reinforce your foundation for flexibility and core strength and prepare you for more advance poses. Consistent attendance helps you improve your practice to build a stronger physique while maintaining an agile body.
Hatha 1 classes are suitable for beginners as the practices can be adapted to meet the physical needs of each student. Hatha 2 is more challenging classes suitable for experienced practitioners only.
CLASS : ASHTANGA YOGA
Who Should Attend: Beginners and for experienced practitioners who would like to increase awareness of body, mind and soul.
Unlike other systems of Yoga where classes are instructor-led, Ashtanga classes are Mysore style self-practice where Yoga instructors only provide adjustments and guidance on correct gaze, alignment and breathing techniques. This is an instructor-led class to prepare students for Mysore style class with memorized preset sequence under the Ashtanga system designed by founder Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Mysore, India.
With Mysore style, practitioners can access the spiritual and physical benefits of Yoga in a very personalised way. The Ashtanga system promotes an increase awareness of body, mind and soul while reaping the benefits of a holistic practice that incorporates the building of cardiovascular, flexibility and muscle strengths.